Requirements to be on The Good Contractors List
To qualify as a Good Contractor, you must:
- Be in business 3+ years (with a minimum of 10 years experience) or 5+ years (with less than 10 years experience)
- Have a current website that is easy for a homeowner to find.
- Be in good standing with the BBB.
- - Membership is not required, but a bad letter grade will disqualify you.
- Have a clean record on review websites.
- - We understand the nature of reviews, so negative reviews will not disqualify you. However, we pay close attention to the content of negative reviews and patterns that reveal legitimacy.
- Pass a background check both personally and for the business.
- Have General Liability Insurance at all times.
- - We will need to be certificate holders to ensure that your insurance never lapses.
- Be willing to grow your company as The Good Contractors List grows.
- - There are limited positions and we need contractors that want to grow with integrity.
The Good Contractors List, Inc. is just as accountable to the homeowner as our contractors. Therefore, we expect our contractors to have the integrity to deliver high quality products at fair and honest rates. We also require that you quickly respond to any dispute with a homeowner. If you believe you meet the qualifications above and have what we are looking for, then please fill out our Contractor Initial Screening Form. We look forward to hearing from you.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, WE DO NOT RESPOND.